Parents, K-12 Teachers, UMBC Faculty & Staff, and current undergraduate and graduates students can find helpful resources below.
For Parents and K-12 Teachers
For UMBC Faculty and Staff
For Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Publications and Presentations by CWIT Staff Members
The following publications and presentations related to current projects were made by CWIT staff members and collaborators:
- Martin, S., desJardins, M., Shisheneh, L. Institutionalizing a First-Year Seminar for Computing Majors through Collaboration. Poster accepted to the Annual First Year Experience Conference, Orlando, FL, February 20-23, 2016.
- Martin, S., Marshall, A., and Zhu, L. S-STEM Programs for Computing and Engineering Majors. 22nd National Conference on Students in Transition, Baltimore, MD,.October 19-21, 2015.
- Jewett, S. and Martin, S. STEM Transfer Success: The Value of Critical Reflection and Shared Responsibility. Evolllution. Published online, August 20, 2015
- Jewett, S. and Martin, S. STEM Transfer Success: Reflecting on Lessons Learned. Evollution. Published online, August 27, 2015.
- Diaz-Espinoza, C. STEMbling Blocks to Success: Navigating Gender Bias, National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, May 29, 2015.
- Martin, S., Rheingans, P., Seaman, C. and desJardins, M. Tailoring First-Year Seminars for Computing Majors. 21st National Conference on Students in Transition, Denver, CO, October 18-20, 2014.
- Diaz-Espinoza, C. Center for Women in Technology Scholars: A Model for Success, National Conference on Students in Transition, October 19, 2015.
Greenwood, C. STEM Scholarships Panel. 10th Annual Montgomery College Scholarships Conference, Rockville, MD, October 10, 2015.
- desJardins, M., S. Martin, P. Rheingans, and C. Seaman, COMP 101: Design and Evaluation of a Team-based Course for Freshmen Computing Majors. Poster presented at 45th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGSE-14). Columbus, OH, March 2015
- Martin, S. STEM Scholarships Panel. 9th Annual Montgomery College Scholarships Conference, Rockville, MD, November 15, 2014.
- Rheingans, P. and S. Martin, T-SITE: A Community of Transfer Scholars in Information Technology and Engineering. Poster presentation, 1st Annual UMBC Provost’s Teaching and Learning Symposium. September 12, 2014.
- Rheingans, P., C. Seaman, M. desJardins, S. Martin, Transforming the Freshman Experience of Computing Majors. Poster presentation, 1st Annual UMBC Provost’s Teaching and Learning Symposium. September 12, 2014
- Diaz-Espinoza, C. The Value of Mentoring: Helping Women Excel in STEM, National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, May 31, 2014.
Greenwood, C. STEM Scholarships Panel. 8th Annual Montgomery College Scholarships Conference, Rockville, MD, October 26, 2013.
- Martin, S. Powell, R, Gurganus, J. Leveraging Research-Based Recruiting and Retention Practices: Our NCWIT ES-UP Story. Presentation at 2013 Society of Women Engineers Conference, October 2013.
- desJardins, M. and S. Martin, CE21–Maryland: The state of computer science education in Maryland high schools, in 44th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE-13). 2013: Denver, Colorado.
- Building a Sustainable Peer Mentoring Program for Long-Term Culture Change. Paper presented at 2012 WEPAN Annual Conference, Columbus, OH, June 25-27, 2012.