This dedicated group of allies of women in technology meet twice a month to discuss gender issues in technology, deepen their understanding of their own identities and work together to develop projects that with positively impact the College of Engineering and Information Technology community.
Positively influence the gender climate in the College of Engineering and Information Technology community (COEIT) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) through educating allies of women in computing and engineering fields.
Three Goals that are Key to this Aspiration
- Learning about issues and skills affecting the gender climate in COEIT.
- Understanding your own privilege and understanding your identity in the group.
- Taking action and implementing the skills and techniques learned.
- Understanding the COEIT Climate
- Building Allies in the CWIT Community
- Green Dot Training for Violence Prevention
- Behind Closed Doors
- And several more!
Who can join?
Scholars and Affiliates are welcome to signup for the 2018-2019 program year. Email Erica D’Eramo at email@example.com for more information.
*Previously known as Men in CWIT